My Mission

Robert Sale-Hill’s poem, The True Origin and History of “The Dude” (The New York World, January 14, 1883) introduced the world to the word Dude, and kicked off a full-on Dude craze. A-Dude-a-Day[i] Blog is dedicated to preserving and sharing pics, pieces and poems from the early days of the Dude-craze of 1883. You can read more about the history and origin of the word Dude on my blogpost, "Dudes, Dodos and Fopdoodles" on my other blog, Early Sports 'n' Pop-Culture History Blog.


Friday, March 25, 2016

Dude Songs

The Dude-Craze of 1883 spawned countless doggerel Dude-poems, bad Dude-jokes, and dozens of Dude-Songs. 

Here are a few examples:

A Yankee Dude'll Do (1883)


     
I'll Never Marry a Dude Girls (1883)

Dude! Dude!! Dude!!! (1883)

 
I'm a Dude (1883)

The Persecuted Dude (1883)


The Dude (1884)


Oh! I'm Not a Dude, and Don't You Forget It! (1884)


I'm a Dandy, But I'm Not a Dude (1885)

Butterfly Dude (1885)

4 comments:

  1. DUDE! :-P

    Really, this made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like only yesterday. And Dude!, my big thumb just accidentally deleted your reply to my reply, sorry dude. Thanks for reading. But of course, A Dud-a-Day is sadly a misnomer. My Pop Culture blog gets more action.

      Delete